13.6.07

Booty Call


One thing I never get in the fashion world: ankle boots. They're ugly and indecisive. It's like saying "Well I think I wanna wear boots today. Oh wait, let's wear pumps. Ah but my ankles are going to be cold. Umm... wait, maybe it's better to wear strappy heels. Strappy? In this kind of weather? NO. I think I wanna cover my ankles. Yeah. Let's see now. Oh well I'd go with this one..." and BAM! Ankle boots. As if it's not enough, this variant of shoes has been adorned by silly zippers and expensive materials. Like this one from Paul & Joe at Net-a-Porter. Moss suede with a ribbon attached on the back. If this one dies, it definitely will go to hell.

My definition for boots: "Covering the legs so it stays warm, comfortable and sexy". However, boots designers always come up with the wrong answers. First there were Uggs, and then there were -yeah- ankle boots. Browsed more and found these sexy wedge boots from Christian Louboutin. Ahhhh... loving it. Its simplistic approach to sexiness... its minimalist wedge heels... gorgeous.

But again, a girl from the tropics can just wish to wear such goodies in this kind of heat.

Dang. Guess it's the cue for me to go back to my Havaianas.

No comments: